Site news

Picture of Linda Delzeit
New Digital Badge Platform Coming soon
by Linda Delzeit - Sunday, September 25, 2016, 10:19 AM

LAH3C Students,

At last the new digital badge platform is nearing completion and new digital badges will be issued to those who have completed any of the LAH3C Competency Quizzes with a score of 16 or higher.

In preparation for the issuing of these badges, I need you to do the following:

• log into http://ilearn.laccd.edu (the district Canvas server)  (directions to log in are on that page - read carefully)
  • Go to Account -> settings 
  • Click next to the email address you want to be your DEFAULT email.  If you did not enter another preferred email address, you can do it at this time.

Here are two images that show you screen shots of this in Canvas

Canvas Account Settings image                  Star default email address with a click                 

Let me explain why this is so important.

1. Your digital badge will be issued from within Canvas and will connect your Canvas account to your new digital badge portal.
  2. When that happens, it will pick up the default email from Canvas, if you have two.  So if you want to use your personal email instead of your college email address, now is the time to go put the star next to your preferred email.
  3. After the digital badge is issued you will be able to see it by logging into Canvas, going to the LAH3C Portfolium course and clicking on My Credentials.  That will ask you to make the final connection between your accounts and agree to the terms of use.  You will also get an email indicating the badge has been issued to you.
  4. After you have connected your accounts, you will be able to enter your digital badge portal via the web instead of through Canvas.

We are excited about this new digital badge platform because it will bring you new opportunities to display your work and connect your competencies to jobs.  We will offer some workshops to help you learn more about the digital badge platform in the coming weeks.  

If you have any questions, you can send them to me at DelzeiL@lattc.edu.  However, please complete this first step of going into Canvas and identifying your default email and then wait for the digital badges to be sent to you.  We have more work to do to complete the set up of the new platform but wanted to give you some time to see this message and to complete this step.  

Please try to complete your part in the next week.  We may begin to issue the new digital badges next weekend.  We will likely roll them out one by one so don't expect them to all be issued immediately.

Thanks for your patience as we transition to the new platform.

Thanks!

Linda